The races involve racing in close proximity to others, steep hills, off-camber and technical sections. If entering, please choose a category according to your fitness and skill level.
Hazards include, but are not limited to, actions of other competitors, spectators, officials and livestock, weather conditions, condition of my equipment, track surfaces and vegetation.
Conditions of entry
1. As a rider or racer in the Port Hills Classic events, I am responsible for ensuring that my bike, helmet and other relevant equipment are safe for use in the event.
2. As a rider I have trained sufficiently and am fit enough to take part in the event.
3. I am aware of the dangers of mountain bike racing or running and compete/participate in the event at my own risk.
4. I have read and understood any written race instructions and I will abide by them; I have sought clarification if there is something I do not understand.
5. I will display good sportsmanship by sticking to the marked course and not verbally or physically abusing other riders or officials. I will let faster riders pass as soon as practical.
6. The organisers have done their best to make the event as safe as they can, and taking into account the fact that the organisers cannot control every eventuality;
- If I am involved in an accident I will not seek to blame or make a claim against the organisers, land owners, sponsors, volunteers or officials, or assist anyone else in making a claim.
- I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be required in the event of injury or illness.
- If the event is cancelled, the amount of a refund, if any, will be set at the organisers’ discretion.
7. I authorise the use of my name, voice or picture and any information provided by me on this entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast or promotion or in any other way related to this event.
8. I consent to the event organisers collecting the personal data provided, and retaining and using these details for the purpose of event administration and notification of future similar events. I understand that I have the right to access this personal information and request correction of any errors in it, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
9. If I am under 18 years of age I have the permission of my parents or legal guardian to enter.
Opens in new window.